Hey lovelies! I have to say it’s great to be able to post so often ^_^ I’ve been feeling a bit better so I’m using the extra energy to be productive.
We all know I bought mongo amounts of products from The Body Shop recently (if you don’t know, check out my haul here). Although I got something on the order of a $188USD discount I still hadn’t reviewed a SINGLE thing! I’ve had my products long enough to try them out well, and I’m going to begin by telling you about the Mango Body Butter!
The first purchase of the Mango Body Butter was actually a few months back when I picked up a mini to try out. It smelled so good but I didn’t want to blow $19 on a product if it didn’t work well, or if it broke me out (yep, body acne is the worst!). The mini product went FAST, so when I started my haul I decided it was time to grab the Big Girl size.
So first you already know I love the smell, it’s the most amazing scent and MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE BODY SHOP SCENT. It doesn’t smell the same in all versions of the Mango products (the body scrub, the lotion, etc), and to me the body butter is the best smelling of the Mango line. As for other favorite Body Shop product smells, I like limited edition Cranberry, and many of the Strawberry line. Remember folks, I’m biased against flower scents so keep that in mind.
To me this is a fantastic product, does a pretty good job of making my skin softer, and after putting it on my skin feels moist which is important in this dry Vermont wintertime. I’m not sure the formula is strong enough to justify buying it over cheaper body butters but for me it is because it doubles as a scent. I’ll literally put it on just to smell good for a few hours, to cheer myself up and enjoy having a lifted mood for a bit.
Water, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Citral, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Citronellol, Annatto.
- Smells the best out of any of The Body Shop’s current selection of body butters
- Doubles as a body scent, especially if you can’t do perfumes. It’s mild but warms the heart just a bit.
- Does NOT break me out! In fact, I think it helps my acne heal because of the moisture effect.
- Works as a body butter too, for some reason.
- While pretty affordable, in this economy $19USD can be a lot to pay for a body butter. You could do what I did and wait for a sale before loading up.
- It does work, but it’s not ZUPER FANTAZTIQUE enough to outperform cheaper body butters.
- Comes in an unhygienic jar. I’m always worried about contaminating it with my gross human hands. Thankfully it uses safe and powerful preservatives otherwise it’d make me break out.
Bottom line: I love it. It’s one of my FAVORITE products from The Body Shop BAR NONE. Seriously you guys if you could all smell it you’d be in love with it and want to buy it flowers. Would I recommend it? YES, I’ve even bought it to give as gifts. If the price doesn’t scare you try it out!
Have you tried it? If so what do you think? Does it smell good to you?