From past experience, I know that gaming cons are usually packed with people elbow to asshole. Adding to that, anything that Penny-Arcade touches multiplies attendance by Higgs-Boson. If you have cool questions for any panel, and you’re NOT ATTENDING PAX EAST submit them here, I’ll probably remember to ask them. Keep in mind, if I wander by the games area I might blow off every panel and play like, DDR or something.
My plans for the event are as follows:
- ??:?? o’clock ARRIVE, pick up media badge
- Gameshark Dinner
- Journalists vs. Developers: The Ultimate Grudge Match
- PAX East 2010 Keynote Wil Wheaton (I’m going to try and get in, if I fail, I’ll just go play games)
- Friday Night Concerts!
- The Future of PC Gaming Yes, there is one!
- <PARTIES, GAMES>
- Early Media Access on the Show Floor 9:00am
- Greetings from a Dead-Tree Dinosaur Cartoonist v1.1 (FoxTrot’s Bill Amend!)
- The Death of Print (this should be good, I watched my own employer die. RIP, CGM)
- A Sophisticated Evening with Rooster Teeth Productions
- Podcasting (f)or PR (interested in cakepiepods?)
- Hal Halpin and Adam Sessler Talking Games
- Saturday Night Concert (if I can get in, otherwise ROCK BAND FREE PLAY @11pm)
- 9:00am PA Media Panel
- 10:00am Three Moves Ahead Brunch
- So You Want to Get into the Game Industry?
- Penny Arcade Panel #2 (this or XPLAY, both are likely to be full)
- X-Play LIVE: A Show on Television (this or the PA panel, both are likely to be full)
- Forcing Your Way In & Coming Out On Top: The Game Industry in
Rainbow Color (if I can fit it in–see what I did there?)
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Game Journalism…
- Closing Ceremony