I got this box for free, read my Disclosure statement here.
Okay, I know it’s April, but this is so cool, I’m still going to share it with ya!
Guys, you’re probably thinking: “What the heck is Influenster?” I found it because a fellow blogger posted that they got a box of new products through Influenster and it looked like it was full of awesome. Influenster is an invitation-only social media site, they have partnerships with different brands, and they provide an environment for reviews and also to promote brands.
One thing they are becoming known for is their “VoxBox” program, where they send members who qualify a box full of products from some of their brand partners. At first, I thought this site was going to be gimmick hell, and I didn’t sign up right away. But after seeing my friend (a small blogger!) was still able to get a Voxbox I did join the site. I found it easy to navigate, and fun to use. I even posted a couple of mini-reviews and read some reviews posted by other members.
Not long after actually signing up and filling out a few sections on the site (linking my twitter, blog, and facebook page) I got an email notification saying I was getting a VoxBox. I was pretty excited, but until I got the actual box I was skeptical. After all, this isn’t my first day on the internet, and there are a lot of gimmicks, tricks, and scams out there. Well, here it is! I got this last week
If you want to read the official info check out their about page here: About Influenster
But what did I get!?!
- Vaseline spray & go moisturizer ($7.99 for 6.5oz can)
- Nectresse sweetener ($6.99 for 5.9oz container or $3.99 for box of 40 packets):
- Dickinson’s witch hazel oil controlling towelettes ($5.99 for a 20 count box):
- Colgate optic white regimen ($4.99 for 4oz tube of toothpaste, $2.99 for 8oz bottle of mouthwash, $2.99 for the brush):
- belVita breakfast biscuits ($3.69 for box of 5 packets of 4 biscuits): Okay, this was good, like candy, and it came with 4 cookies. My roommate had 2 and I had 2, but I was not planning to have these for long. I’m not fond of the calorie content, I wouldn’t call this a diet food or anything but they taste good, a nice honey flavor, like a more advanced version of a graham cracker, if that makes any sense, lol.
My favorite thing from this box! It is so easy to use, softens the skin well, and contains some of my favorite effective ingredients. This one is worth reviewing on it’s own!
I can’t use this at all, my medically restricted diet won’t allow it. *The sads*
I tried this and it works just like using witch hazel but they come in convenient pouches. Might be perfect if it’s hot and sticky out (Summer, I hope you get here soon!!). I like it, but usually I prefer to tone the (non-drying) Asian way.
Okay, the toothpaste and toothbrush are not bad, but I’m having such difficulty with the mouthwash of all things. It has a unique flavor, sweet-ish and also mint-ish. Can’t quite identify it, and I’m trying to get used to it but I don’t like it so much >:
I ate the cookies immediately.
My favorite things from the box (in ranking order) were:
1. Vaseline moisturizer (very recommended!)
2. Colgate Toothbrush (scrubs nicely!)
3. Colgate Toothpaste
If Influenster sounds awesome and you want to join in the fun, simply email me (thecakepie at gmail dot com) and say “I want in!” along with your email address and I’ll invite you to Voxbox. I can invite 5 people, though I don’t get anything for doing so (but you may, in the form of a Voxbox ^_^). I’m not sure how they decide who gets a box or not, but if you get one please let me know and tell me what you think!
Getting free stuff is so fun, and it feels a little like a holiday when you check your mail and there’s a big package there. I’m glad I got a Voxbox, and I hope I qualify for one for April too.
Disclaimer: I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.