Hey guys! I wanted to share something today, I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by fellow bloggers Arya and Eva (don’t worry, out of fairness I answered BOTH sets of questions). From what I can tell, the Liebster Award was invented to connect and inspire new bloggers so they will keep their spirits up! It can be hard to be a blogger when you start out, a lot of times you put your whole heart into writing a post, nervously hit “publish” and wait… then nothing. Many times you write and you wonder, “Is anyone even reading?” I think sometimes you can actually HEAR the crickets.
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
3. Choose 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers to nominate.
4. Ask 11 new questions to your nominees.
5. Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Liebster operates kinda like a chain letter, but instead of letters Liebster seems to be more about revealing a little about ourselves and inspiring others by thinking of them ^_^
FIRST: 11 Facts!
- I have been sick in bed most of my life since I was 18. I had a great remission year in 2011-2012 where I was just like a normal person, and I did a lot during that time!
- I play roguelikes a lot, these are a genre of videogames where you die over and over, but if you can finally win it really means something. They take a lot of cleverness, luck, and skill to win, but they’re fun each time, like you go, “THIS time I’ll win!” then death, lol.
- Pink is my addiction. I like looking at it, wearing it, and being around it.
- My favorite snackfood is probably chips and salsa, with all the fixings. I can’t eat it for a few years due to medication but I really like the taste.
- I’m super flexible, and once trained in contortion.
- I still don’t have a smartphone. It’s an extra expense I can’t afford on a fixed income (this explains my obsession with deals, huh?).
- I had a real pro manicure once, and the whole time I was thinking, “So much money, I can learn to do this myself!”, lol, obviously not that simple but hey, I’m cheap, lol.
- I have a younger brother, but he’s about 14 months younger so all my life people can’t tell who’s older, and some people think we’re twins.
- I love fruit-scented things, and hate flower smells. Jasmine is the WORST.
- Since I got sick (at 18) I can’t really read most books, but I was voracious as a teen so usually it turns out I’ve read more books than the average person despite my lapse, funny right?
- I don’t know how to play any musical instruments.
SECOND: 11 Questions for me! (From Eva)
1. If you had to pick one flavor of ice-cream to eat for the rest of your life, what would that be?
I think strawberry. I love strawberry things. Though vanilla would be a good back-up choice simply because then you can put syrups and sprinkles on it to cheat the rule a little ^_^
2. If you had wings, what type of wings would you have?
I’d have big birdly wings. They’d function so I could fly around without getting tired. I’d want them to be powder pink and white, too (Don’t judge me!).
3. What is your favorite animal?
People always seem to have one. I don’t know if I do but since I have to come up with one I’ll say horse, they’re smart and can save you money on gas, haha.
4. Where do you like hanging out the most?
Ideally I enjoy being with my family, we play a lot of games together, and we’re a huge clan, so when we get together everyone brings a lot of food! My parents have a house in the north (right by Canada) so in my imagination it’s a snowy wonderland.
5. What do you eat for breakfast?
I don’t eat “breakfast” foods for breakfast, I always thought that was so strange. I eat a restrictive diet so I just eat what I’m allowed to have for every meal regardless of what meal it is. Boring, right? >:
6. If you could be a cartoon/anime character for one day, which of the famous cartoon/anime characters would you want to be?
I’d like to be Avatar Korra!
7. Do you watch Korean Dramas? If yes, what’s your favorite?
I DO! I watch the crap out of em, my fave for now is hard to choose between Lie to Me and Coffee Prince (can you tell I love Yoon Eun-Hye?)
8. Your three wishes from the Genie?
More wishes. More genies. An end to sickness and death for people.
9. Your ideal job:
Ideally I’d be doing something lucrative, where I can learn a lot, and be doing good to help others. Right now that might be impossible, so I’ll say consulting for a major beauty brand (Shiseido, My Beauty Diary, Skinfood, Etude House, you guys listening?)
10. What colour toothbrush do you currently use?
I have no idea. I think it’s orange. It was cheap and not deliberately chosen.
11. The first song that you can think of!
Rasputin by Boney M!! This song is really addictive, it’s the cure for earworms ^_^ If you’ve played Just Dance 2 you’ve probably seen this song:
Try and tell me this isn’t catchy.
SECOND.02: 11 Questions for me! (From Arya)
1. What’s the last book you read?
During my remission year I read “Daughters of China”, it was written in a way that made me think the author was kinda airheaded but her research seemed pretty good, and it’s a nice book if you’re curious about Chinese adoption or the politics of children in China.
2. Your favorite song and band is:
Oh no, I don’t really have one. >: Music is pretty overstimulating to me so I only listen to a little. If I have to pick a favorite maybe David Bowie, and a song would be Don’t Stop Believin’ (Always gets people excited!).
3. Where do you want to go for a vacation?
4. What’s the silliest pose you did in a pic?
I have a pic of myself at the Parthenon replica in Nashville, Tennessee during my remission year, pretending to be pushing over pillars, Sampson-style. (Above)
5. What’s your favorite shop?
I live in an obscure place in the USA, and because of my disability I’ve actually been inside only a couple of shops, but I always enjoy going to The Body Shop, ^_^ They have testers for everything, and the one near me is wheelchair accessible, and the sales associates are always so sweet (not typical of shops here at ALL).
6. When was the last time you wrote a whole paragraph using a pencil or pen
Last week ^_^ Eva’s getting a handwritten letter from me <3<3
7. Have you ever watched/read an anime/manga?
OH yes. I have been a total otaku >_> Many, many, many of each.
8. Rainy or Sunny day?
And some classics!
9. What’s that one thing you can’t live without?
10. Love or Money
11. What inspires you to blog
I want to connect with other people! I used to hate beauty (I thought it was for snobs or dumb women, how terrible!!) so now I have to catch up and I’m learning a lot, so I share what I learn with others! Ideally I’d have a lot of friends and a good community of us all sharing together, inspiring each other in the nerdy side of beauty ^_^
THIRD: I nominate:
1. Pam, from Queerpinkfish
2. Via, from ViaVioletXue
3. Dita, from Ditaindalestari
4. Emily, from Dreaming with Fae Creatures
5. Marienni, from Marienni
6. Asu, from Kitsunedon
7. Julie, from PDXBeautiful
8. Shazil, from Magic Chic Makeup Blog
9. Mimikon, from Under the Same Blue Sky
10. Natasha, from Confessions of a Skincare Junkie
11. Bethany, from Beauty-Junkie (On a Budget)
FOURTH: To you beautiful Nominees, I ask you THESE 11 questions:
1. What’s the worst thing about being grown up?
2. Why did you decide to start blogging?
3. What is the most frustrating part of blogging?
4. If you were the opposite sex for one day, what would you look like and what would you do?
5. You get a dream vacation for a month, where would you want to go?
6. Makeup, hair, clothes, shoes, nails — Choose only one!
7. What is your best physical attribute?
8. What is the most noble thing about yourself?
9. What have you done in the last year that you are really proud of?
10. What’s your favorite movie that you saw in the last year?
11. Tell us a story about yourself! It can be funny, inspiring, short, long, or strange, but it has to be true!