Hey guys, I’m still feeling kinda cruddy over here. Stupid Lyme. The good news is, now I’m totally caught up on Game of Thrones just in time to prevent everyone from spoiling the latest episode (:
When I’m feeling crappy I like to cheer myself up with a good dose of skincare pampering. I have nearly every sheet mask from the “Innisfree It’s Real” line and it’s about time I start getting through them! What’s cool is this time I took before and after shots. What a helpful tool that is! I always think when I try a sheet mask that they are either so-so or really great (because the results are SO OBVI and I don’t need pictures) but sometimes it’s not possible to notice a result without seeing it in pictures, and this is one case where that is true.
I hunted around but I couldn’t find a translated ingredient list, if you found one or can translate from Korean, let me know and I will post it up and credit you for being an awesome helper.
When I went to tear open the mask, I almost caught the mask in the packaging. It was right at the top seam, so when you open yours, be careful not to tear open your package carelessly!
I keep my masks on for as long as possible before taking them off. Usually an hour. This mask had pretty good moisture and lasted well.
I think this formula is supposed to be safe for sensitive skin (but if you’re allergic to any of the botanical ingredients that won’t be true for you). Even so, something about it felt a little stingy, I wish I had an ingredient list to see if there’s fruit acids or other things. I was sorta expecting my face to be red and angry after using the mask but it wasn’t.
Instead, it looked balanced, whiter, and LES RED. Goes to show taking before/after photos is a big help!
- This mask is cheap! I bought mine from Roseroseshop for like $0.60 during a sale. Most stores are around $1.
- It fits my face nicely
- Moisturizing, as nearly all sheet masks are.
- Smell is not annoying (not much of a smell really)
- Restored balance to my skin.
- Asian products can be a pain, if you’re scared of buying online, or waiting for overseas shipping. Products like this can be hard to find sometimes, especially if you are new to Asian beauty.
- Felt a little bit of a stinging sensation (nothing bad) but surprisingly did not cause irritation.
- Not as moisturizing so don’t pick this mask for that.
Bottom line: I’d buy it again, it was good at taking down the redness. Chances are though, I’ll keep trying new masks instead. It’s not an HG (holy grail) product, but it did perform well.
Have you tried it or other “Innisfree It’s Real” products?