I thought it’d probably be super lame to have ANOTHER post where I declare myself alive after a pause in updates, but gosh you guys I’m just so alive! In the past, I’ve posted slowly or taken breaks because Lyme Disease just kicks me too hard (read more about that here), but THIS time I’ve been taking a break because I’ve had SIGNIFICANT improvement.
I’m out doing a lot of things I’ve wanted to do for a long time ^_^
Just me hanging out with friends and engaging with the human world
Some of things I’ve wanted to do, and FINALLY CAN:
- Returning my WHEELCHAIR. Yep, folks, I am walking now.
- Going for walks! My record is 2 miles there 2 miles back (total 4 miles, one day).
- Running MORE gaming events (remember my post about that?) for the Vermont Gaming Community. This month we do a Magic night every Tuesday, and a Boardgame night every Thursday! We also usually host a monthly LAN/Console event at the Lab B Hackerspace.
- Still watching tons of Korean dramas (just finished Full House!)
- Listening to music again. Usually it’s too stimulating and it shuts down my brain. I can sometimes handle bursts where I listen to a ton of music! Suggest me something to listen to ^_^
- Preparing to go to NYCC! Wow right? No more lying in bed every day; I’ve been too sick to travel since like 2011, and what a way to start. I’m going with my friend Ashley, and I plan to cosplay. It’ll be my first attempt at cosplay, so if I suck well that’s okay. I’m working on standard Katarina from League of Legends:
In addition to all of that, I’ve been wanting to take better care of my blog and participate more in the beauty community. To do that better, I’m announcing a new partnership with a new (or new to me, perhaps) website for Asian beauty products:
A while ago I got this great email from the VP of sales and marketing for Efacemasks, James Lin. I get emails from companies sometimes but a lot of them are not a good fit for me, or for my audience (that’s you guys). James did his homework and talked to me about specific posts I made and because the email was personalized and not just random we talked more. We both share a goal of showing the rest of the west the awesomeness of Asian skincare, and after some discussion here we are!
Efacemasks is an online store based in the US that currently carries a ton of Asian beauty brand sheet masks, including My Beauty Diary, Kose, Sana, Missha, and even some brands I haven’t tried! They are legit sellers, their pricing is competitive, and they offer free US shipping with $39+ purchases (flat $5.95 for orders below $39).
I’m familiar with a lot of US-based shops, but I almost never order from them because they’re overpriced. Asian online stores and eBay sellers typically have the best prices but they can take a long time to ship to the US (I once waited 30 days) and you have to know where to buy so you don’t get fakes. What I like about Efacemasks is they are US based (fast shipping), but they also are priced well (compare with sasa.com). For now though, the downside is they only have sheet masks. Fine by me, I love sheet masks! Can’t wait to try some because they carry products I’ve never tried before.
What does this mean for the blog?
- They’ll send me sheet masks to try out. I get them for free but that won’t influence my opinions.
- I’ll review my findings for you guys just like before, talking about ingredients and giving my honest views, and I will always try to include before/after photos.
- Efacemasks and I may host a giveaway in the future, wouldn’t that kick ass?
- Weekly sheet mask reviews!! YES!
- I will have a reason to update more (: I miss you guys!!
- Efacemasks can also find out what we like, and maybe carry more products we want.
Nuff serious stuff. You guys get excited because check it out, here’s what they sent me so far:
- MJ Care Green Tea (2) (review)
- Kracie Hadabisei 3D Aging Moisturizer Facial Mask (1)
- Sana Nemeraka Isoflavone Soy Milk Facial Lotion Mask (1)
- MBD Imperial Birds Nest (2)
- Missha Real Essential Deep Sea Water (2)
Super nice right? I have to admit I wasn’t awesome enough to resist and I’ve already used a mask from the haul, can you tell which? It’s a hint for what my first mask review will be, stay tuned!!
What are your thoughts about my new partnership? Are you excited to see more mask reviews?