I bought my Baviphat Apple AC Therapy Sleeping pack during my Imomoko Haul a few months ago, so I’ve had a good amount of time to try it out. “AC” Refers to Acne Control, so that means I would guess that the product is for acne skin, though I’m not 100% sure what it claims to do as I don’t read Korean. Still, I know this is part of the night-time skincare routine common in Asia, so you put this step on after your other skincare and sleep in this mask. Don’t wash it off until the morning. Also, don’t forget to wash it off in the morning.
I have to say, at first, it was super, magic good. It ensmoothened my face, made my skin glow, and smelled exquisite. You guys, this could be one of my favorite smells in history, right up there with campfire, The Body Shop mango body butter, and pizza. Sadly, I think because it’s in a jar, and I was lazy and used my hands, that the product got a little contaminated with germs or something, because I think it started to clog me up after several weeks of use. It comes with a tiny and cute little spoon so you don’t have to put your filth-hands in, but my filth-hands went in anyway. Sorry I’m so gross you guys.
Evidence of my bad ways. Also, see how it has a nice gel consistency?
The best product ingredients I could find from Youme’s Skin Book (she isn’t sure they’re accurate):
Water / Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Betaine, Petrolatum, Yellow 6 / CI 15985, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5 / CI 19140, Parfum / Fragrance, Arginine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Triclosan
Based on my experience with the product this list look plausible, and likely if innacurate it’s pretty close. It contains several humectants, silicones, and emollients, all sure to make your skin smooth and soft. Silicones are a good thing to leave on your skin overnight if you want to reduce scars. Read about scars and moisturization here.
Look at the glow! Nice effect but when you wash, it goes away. C’est la vie.
- OMG THE SMELLLLLLL. Almost worth buying just for the smell, even if this were a jar of “Does-nothing Juice”.It’s so relaxing at the end of the day that it might even help you sleep.
- Softens skin.
- Makes the skin glowy, but this effect seems temporary.
- Dries pretty fast, and not sticky at all. This makes it easy to sleep on it without getting “ucky” everywhere.
- Packaging is so damn cute. I just want to give it a name and let it live in my house. Seriously reusing this.
- May be good for scars, thanks to arginine, and silicone ingredients. I can’t tell because this wouldn’t be noticeable until many months of use.
- Very soothing, non-irritating formula. I think if you had irritated skin, using this would even calm it down.
- Hard to find. Like many Asian brands you may have difficulty getting it. I got mine from Imomoko, but you can also find it on eBay, Amazon, and other places. It should be about $10-16 shipped.
- Might not do anything for acne. It seems to be softening and possibly brightening but not acne controlling.
- Easy to get it germy so don’t be gross. Use the spoon!
- Unless you read Korean it’s hard to figure out what it contains.
- It’s important not to contaminate it as it contains occlusive agents (stuff that keeps things in). As an analogy, if you put gross things in something and close the lid, no good can come of it. While nothing in the formula causes me problems, after germs get into the product it started to give me blackheads and whiteheads.
Bottom line: I do like this product, and the smell is actually that good that I may repurchase it one day just for that. While I would recommend this product, I prefer in general to try new products a lot, and I only repurchase them if they’re MAGNIFICENT or HG (Holy Grail), so I don’t think this was enough to make me certain to rebuy. It also might be worth trying it again without putting my hands in it to see what it does longer-term to my skin. Based on the chemistry I suspect this can help a lot with acne scarring over the long term, but so could any other product with good moisturizers and silicones. In general, it didn’t really help with my acne, though I’m not sure if it’s supposed to. Maybe it’s just supposed to help heal acne scars? If you read Korean and you can tell me I’ll update here.